Discovering and Leveraging Your Unique Leadership Style
The very essence of leadership is influence. In fact, any time you attempt to influence another person's behavior or attitudes, you are exercising leadership. Style is how a leader exercises that influence. And one's leadership style is very much a reflection of his or her personality or temperament. As a leader, are you oriented toward the task or the relationship? Are you patient or impatient? Do you focus more on feelings or on facts? Are you primarily a talker or a listener? All of these inclinations are a product of both skill and temperament, and when we combine those inclinations with the process influencing others, we are manifesting our leadership style.
In this workshop, participants will learn what leadership style is and its importance in calling out the commitment of others. They will learn the strengths and weaknesses of various leadership styles and how to adapt their style in a manner that allows them to leverage their strengths and manage their weaknesses as a leader.
In this workshop participants will:
- Learn an organizing framework that describes the major components of leadership
- Learn how their leadership style affects the way they exercise specific leadership roles
- Understand how one's temperament affects the way he or she leads
- Develop a clear understanding of their particular leadership style based on their temperament
- Discover their leadership strengths and weaknesses as it relates to their style and their efforts to influence the behavior and attitudes of others
- Learn how to recognize the styles of others, the needs of different styles, and how to lead others with a different style taking one's own style into consideration
- Recognize how one's leadership style responds to stress
- Learn how an individual with one style reacts to and works with managers of a differing style
- Discover how we to minimize the impact of leadership weaknesses embedded in our unique temperament and leadership style